I thought it would be fun to let my 16 year old cousin who is visiting me from North Carolina make a guest post today. She is very funny and has a twisted sense of humor like me. =) Since it was Ten Things Tuesday I thought it would be interesting for all the parents of teenagers out there to hear about a few things you do that drive your teens nuts. So, without further ado here is Chloe's Ten Things Parents Do To Annoy Teens list:
1. Wanting to see our cell phones - No, we're not taking naked pictures of ourselves or exchanging a drug deal. We just don't like you looking at our stuff!
2. Trying to sing and dance - Let's just imagine my 49 year old father dancing around the kitchen singing to Merl Haggard. I think we get the picture.
3. Asking what we did today - No matter what, our answer will always be "Nothing".
4. Friends - There's a reason why they're my friends and not your friends. Please quit talking to them.
5. Backseat Driving - Dear Mom, I can see the red light, but it's also 100 yards away.
6. The Birds and the Bees - Please don't come to me with the word 'sex' on the tip of your tongue. they teach all this stuff in school now.
7. How we got it - The kids in our generation may have it easier, but it's the people in your generation that made it easier.
8. Let's talk slang - Yo dawg, no one talks like this anymore homie.
9. Bad grades - Teenagers go to school to socialize, no to learn. No matter how bad we're doing in geometry.
10. Parent Facebook Stalking - My friends and i are having a conversation here. Don't comment with one of your corny jokes.