Friday, May 7, 2010

No Filter Friday


Today is the day I can say all those things I've wanted to say all week but couldn't because I was filtering myself in order to achieve social acceptance.

  • To the moms in the neighborhood that stand in front of their house and wait for the school bus to drop their kids off: You live less than 2 miles from the school! Get in the car and go pick your child up! Let's help save the school district a little money one pickup at a time.
  • To the neighbors next door that constantly come over and "borrows" items to use for their meals: This is not Reasors, please make a grocery list and try a little harder to stock the items you seem to always forget. Here, I've made a list for you: butter, sugar, eggs, milk, and flour. Here's a link to coupons.com, you may even be able to save some money on those items. Thank you, drive thru, and please don't come again!
  • To the greeter at Wal-Mart who tried to give my kid a sticker as soon as we walked in the door when she clearly saw that we were in the middle of an all out breakdown because he didn't want to sit in the shopping cart: Please back away and don't try and place your sticker on my kids shirt and then look at me like I'm the worst mother in the world when he tries to whack your hand away.
  • To the new OBGYN I went to and voiced concern about what the possibility of being diagnosed with Hyperemesis again in my second pregnancy was and you replied, "We moms never come away unscathed from pregnancy" with that smart-ass little grin: Screw you lady! I lost over 20 pounds in three weeks, was basically made to feel like a crazy first time mom that didn't know my own body, had to have IV fluids multiple times, used 6 weeks of sick leave and vacation time and basically wanted to die. You obviously WILL NOT be the doctor I choose when I do become pregnant again.
Ahhhhhh, I feel much better! Why can't we all actually say these things on a daily basis? I bet we would feel much better at the end of the day. If you have anything you would like to say without your filter please share.

    No comments:

    Related Posts with Thumbnails