Thursday, August 19, 2010

Don't Mess With Mama Bear!

The day I became a Mama something awoke inside me, an animalistic instinct that felt completely natural, like I'd always had it but was never really necessary until this moment. This primal instinct that takes over and is sometimes irrational and hard to contain. I immediately become unconcerned with politeness, courtesies, feelings, etc. when it comes to matters involving my baby boy.

No, you can not come into my hospital room and hold the baby without heading back over to the door and helping yourself to a couple pumps off the Purell. Come on people, its flu season!

No, weird lady at Target you can not walk up to our cart and pull back the blanket and breathe your possibly contaminated germ breath all over my baby and you certainly cannot touch him. BACK OFF!

Yes, I do mind if you bring in your medical students to examine my child that has been in the hospital for two days and is really OVER IT. Especially after one of your students tried to order a suppository that was strong enough for a 300 pound man. MOVE ALONG and I MEAN NOW!

Yes, I will continue to BLOW UP YOUR PHONE and leave messages regarding my son until you return my call and DO YOUR JOB. Seriously....this has been going on for two months and I'm tired of it. My next call will be to your supervisor.

You get the idea, Mama Bear doesn't play when it comes to Little Bear. Sometimes this Mama Bear instinct can be destructive. I've had plenty of moments I'm not proud of after the fact, but in that moment all rational thinking goes out the window. I think most moms are like this when it comes to our children. Mothers especially are pretty forgiving when it comes to situations where another mothers Mama Bear instinct has kicked in. Even though she may not have agreed with your actions she will at least understand and get where you were coming from in that moment. Sometimes a calmer but still assertive and strong response will get you further than the initial animalistic instinct reaction to claw someones face off. So, as I sit here waiting for a certain someone to return my call I will try and remember this and try not to rip her a new one when she ever does call back. But, I'm not making any promises. I'm still a work in progress.

17 comments:

Momma Wilson said...

I can be a little over the top when my inner Mama Bear mood kicks in. I can't help it, it's just a part of who I am:) I hope all is well with your little dude!

Sippy Cup Mom said...

Right on! I am totally with you! My son is number one and I do anything to protect him!

Inspiring You To Save! said...

Thanks for following me. I'm your newest follower. Be sure to stop by to see my huge list of Friday blog hops (27 total). Plus, stop by for my Meet Me Monday. The linky opens up Sunday night at 10 pm. See you then.

http://www.inspiringyou2save.com

Katie Sexton said...

I can so relate, my little guy was born with cysts on his lung so he is even more prone to everything people carry! I am a new follower and I would love a follow back! I also have toddler friendly giveaways!
http://mommysexton.blogspot.com/

MamaOnDaGo said...

I can relate to the animal instinct that comes out when we become mothers. I relate to other mothers when their crazy Mama Bear side comes out. We've all been there. I do think there are a few Mama Bears that need to take a chill pill though.

Mommy Hates Cooking said...

Life as a mom!! Love your new look on the site, so cute!

Jennifer said...

Yep, that Mama Bear instinct is nothing you want to mess with!!

New follower from Friday Follow!

Ember said...

Don't mess with mama's! Cute blog! I'm your newest follower! Can't wait to read more!

Ember
http://rememberember.blogspot.com/

Momma Wilson said...

Love the new layout, looks too cute!

Jules said...

Hey Carly, you have an award waiting for you at my blog. Swing by and pick it up! :)

Santa's Gift Shoppe and Ideas said...

Hi..I’m Barb….I am from TTA. I am your newest follower. I hope you will get a chance to visit my blog @ santasgiftshoppe.blogspot.com & get inspired by something for your family/home. I hope you will follow me as well. I also would love for you to be a new Fan of my Facebook page too & click “LIKE” in the upper right hand corner of my blog & you’ve done it..Thanks so much! I am just starting at Facebook. Nice to meet ya new friend!!!

Design It Chic said...

I am already following your thanks to Tuesday Tag-Along and if you haven't done it already, it would be nice if you could share the love back on my blog!
Plus, don't forget, if you need any help increasing your blog's traffic or easy HTML tips, you know where to come!
Today we talk about how to create an ordered list, so come on by to find out that and more! Happy Tuesday!

Chazz said...

True true on everything you said. There really is some primal instinct you have no idea about until you have a little one of your own. It's crazy!

I am a new follower from TTA, if you want you can follow me back at http://chazzhart.blogspot.com/

Julie said...

Crazy how the mom thing kicks in, isn't it? Just to let you know, it never goes away, even when they're adults. I'm following from TTA. I would love a follow back at
http://www.gethealthycheap.com

Bethany said...

thanks for sharing your blog and thanks for stealing thoughts out of my head - ha!

Kari @ Mommy's Fabulous Finds said...

Hi! I am a new follower from the Tuesday Blog Hop.

Hope you can stop by and check out my blog, I have a lot of great giveaways going on right now including a $50 Gap Gift Card!

http://shining2save.com

Have a Great Day!
Kari

Melissa Au said...

Hi! Just wanted to let you know about my MomsReview4You Wednesday blog hop! Would love it if you would come follow me and link up!

http://momsreview4you.blogspot.com/p/blog-hop.html

Related Posts with Thumbnails